Project Trainee Recruitment 2019
MKCL (Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited) is looking for dynamic candidates for the position of Project Trainee at MKCL's Pune office who aspire to work on challenging projects and wish to make a positive impact on society. The trainees shall undergo an exciting six months of rigorous training on cutting edge and disruptive technologies encapsulated with challenging assignments, live project experience under the guidance of experienced Tech Leads. This intense training provided by industry experts shall be provided free of cost. Trainee shall also receive monthly stipend during this time. They shall receive intense training on technologies such as:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data technologies
- B.E., B.Tech., MCA, MCS, M.Sc. (Comp Sc.) 2018 pass outs from recognized universities
- Candidates who have appeared for their final year examination of B.E., B.Tech., MCA, MCS, M.Sc. (Comp Sc.) degree course from recognized universities can also apply, subject to successful completion of their degree course before 1st Oct 2019.
- The applicants should have done their final year project in software development.
- The applicant should be passionate about working on cutting edge technologies.
- The applicant should have good knowledge of:
- OOP concepts
- Data Structure
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Networking Basics
- Web Technologies
- Candidates will have to apply online at MKCL’s Recruitment Portal.
- Last date to apply online is 26 May 2019. Applications received after this date shall not be considered.
Stage 1: Online test
- Candidates need to take an online selection test from their home through MKCL’s Online Exam Framework.
- A good stable internet connection and Computer with following configuration:
- Windows version 7 or above,
- Webcam and microphone
- Candidates must be alone in a quiet environment for the duration of the exam. Conversation with anyone else is not permitted during exam.
- Use of any reference materials, resources, mobile/tablet, other computer screens, and/or other software is not permitted during the exam.
- Total marks for online test: 100
- Total number of questions: 100
- Negative marking shall not be given.
- The exam consists of multiple choice single correct and multiple choice multiple correct questions.
- Test Duration: 2 Hour
Section I: Technical (50 questions and 50 marks, Passing marks: 20)
- OOP concepts and C++ Recommended book: Object Oriented Programming with C++ by E Balaguruswamy, Seventh edition
- Data Structure Recommended book: Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy by Narasimha Karumanchi, Fifth edition
- Database Systems Recommended book: Database System Concepts by Avi Silberschatz, Henry F. Korth and S. Sudarshan, Sixth edition
- Operating Systems Recommended book: Operating System Concepts by Silberschatz, Galvin and Gagne, Ninth edition
- Networking basics Recommended book: Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Fifth edition
- Candidates have to score minimum passing marks in each section to be eligible for shortlisting for next stage.
- A mock test will be available from 27th May 2019 to 1st June 2019 so that the candidates can have a good feel of our actual online examination system. Mock test is mandatory to appear for the main online test.
- Date and time for online test: Sunday, June 2, 2019, 10AM to 4PM. Candidates can start the test at any time between 10AM and 4PM and complete the test within 2 hours of time.
- Results of the Online test will be published on June 7, 2019.
- Candidates creating multiple logins for the test shall be disqualified.
- The online test can be taken only once; re-attempts will not be allowed under any circumstances.
- If any candidate is found indulging in unethical ways or involved in any malpractice during the online test, he/she would be immediately disqualified from the recruitment process.
- Applicants will receive all the details required to appear for online test through a separate email.
Top scorers of the online test will be shortlisted and will be called for Hands-on Test & Personal Interview at MKCL, Pune office from 17 June 2019 to 25 June 2019. In Hands-on test, a candidate is required to develop an application based on the problem statement. The candidate can choose any programming language of his/her choice to write the necessary code. In Hands-on test the candidates’ assignment will be checked for:
- Problem solving ability
- Technical knowledge to solve the requirement and use of proper technology
- Logical thinking
- Data modelling
- Application designing
- Last date to apply online: Sunday, May 26, 2019
- Mock test: May 27, 2019 to June 1, 2019
- Online test: Sunday, June 2, 2019 from 10AM to 4PM
- Results of the online test: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Hands-on Test & Personal Interview: Monday June 17, 2019 to Tuesday June 25, 2019
- Date of joining: July 1, 2019
- If an applicant is selected through the selection process, he/she shall be given offer letter for the post of Project Trainee for a probation period of 1 year as per the Annexure A.
- The Project Trainees will have to undergo a rigorous training for first 6 months of their 1-year probation period. The training provided is free of cost and the trainees shall not be charged for the training provided. The trainee shall receive a monthly stipend during this time as per the Annexure attached.
- Any Project Trainee desiring to leave the services of the Company will have to notify his immediate Appraiser and HRD in writing vide email (as well as signed hard copy) of his intention to leave the services of the Company by stating the reasons for the same and serving the notice period of 90 days.
- During the first 6 months training period the project trainees will learn cutting edge and futuristic technologies like
- Machine Learning
- Big Data technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Periodic tests and assignments shall be taken during first 6 months of training period. The scores of tests and assignments will be recorded for each trainee.
- Also a trainee will be given performance ratings by the respective team leader.
- After completion of the 6 months training period, based on the scores of tests, assignments and the performance ratings given by the team leader, each individual trainee’s performance score will be calculated.
- If any trainee’s performance score is not up to the mark during the first 6 months of training period, he/she will be relieved after completion of the first 6 months training.
- After one year of probation period, depending on the performance review of the Project Trainees and subject to availability of positions in MKCL, they may be given offer to work with MKCL as per MKCL norms.